One of the great things about the New Year is that it gives us the opportunity to make changes in ourselves, families and ministries. We all know that we could make changes anytime but the New Year just seems the right time so let’s take full advantage of it.
Listed below are 25 questions that we believe will help get you started in the right direction (if you need a new direction). We also understand that there are many more questions that could be asked.
Take a couple or three hours just to think about the questions and take time to write down your responses.
1. What two things did you learn most about yourself as a youth worker in 2007?
2. What two things did you learn most about yourself as a Christian in 2007?
3. How much did your youth group grow spiritually in 2007?
4. How much did you grow as a Christian in 2007?
5. How well did you balance ministry and family in 2007?
6. How often did you have a quiet time over the past year?
7. In this past year how many did you introduce to Jesus?
8. In the coming year, what would you most like to change about your youth ministry?
9. How do you plan to grow closer to God in 2008?
10. Name three ways you plan to help your youth group grow closer to God in the coming year.
11. What activities did you have for your group this past year that was designed just to have fun?
12. How have you helped your family to grow closer to God this past year?
13. For whom did you go the extra mile this past year just to get them involved?
14. Who is your group have you seen grow more spiritual in the past year?
15. How would you describe the leaders in your youth ministry and how are they leading?
16. Have you gone the extra mile to prepare for your Bible classes this past year?
17. What do you plan to do to improve your Bible classes in 2008?
18. How have you involved volunteers in the past year?
19. How do you plan to use volunteers in the coming year?
20. What one adult has meant most to your ministry in 2007?
21. As a youth worker it is necessary to stay in good physical shape. How did you do in 2007?
22. What are your physical fitness goals for the coming year?
23. What are your spiritual fitness goals for the coming year?
24. What services projects do you have planned for the coming year?
25. If there was one thing you could change about yourself, your family or your ministry, what would it be?
We want to hear from you. Please send us goals that you have made that you think will help others and we will get them out to the Teen Life family.